||Collection of Personal Information
||Type of Information
Consumer personal information is usually collected through enrollment forms, promotions, competitions, online shopping and consumer queries.
The information may include:
- Your name, postal address, contact number(s) and email address
- information about your preference for goods or services we offer from time to time
- details of any prizes you may have won
- a record of any queries you have made
- your credit card details to process payments for enrolments and online orders
Pole Diva’s will only collect any other personal information, including sensitive information in accordance with the Act.
Pole Diva’s may use ‘cookies’ on our website. Cookies are an industry standard and most major websites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our website may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for our website to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of our website.
In some circumstances, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Pole Diva’s extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies, however you can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our website or take advantage of the improved website experience that cookies offer.
||Use and Disclosure
Pole Diva’s collects personal information directly from you wherever possible. This information is used for the following purposes:
- to contact you directly about Pole Diva’s, its classes, courses, workshops, brands, special offers and other promotions
- to reward you for being a loyal Pole Diva’s customer
- to approve transactions you wish to make
- to provide you with products or services you have requested
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make
- to conduct consumer research
- to notify you of the outcome of competitions or other promotions
||Disclosure and Use of Information by Third Parties
Except where you are otherwise notified, Pole Diva’s does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties.
Pole Diva’s does however outsource certain business functions to third party organisations from time to time. Solely for the purpose of such organisations providing services to Pole Diva’s, personal information may be transferred to or handled by the following parties as required:
- our related companies
- organisations which provide services to us, such as mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies and consumer research agencies
- credit reference agencies or other credit providers
- government or statutory authorities.
These parties may directly contact you on behalf of Pole Diva’s and may also store your personal information on their computer servers or databases on behalf of Pole Diva’s as part of the services rendered to Pole Diva’s.
||Third Party Sites
Pole Diva’s takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to date. However the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you contact us and:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name and address.
Pole Diva’s is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security.
Pole Diva’s only retains your credit card or account information for the transaction authorised. After the transaction is completed your credit card information is destroyed to ensure these details cannot be used in the future unless you provide us with the details again.
Pole Diva’s complies with permission based direct marketing requirements under the Act and the Spam Act 2003. When collecting your personal information, we must request your permission to use that information to send you information on products and promotions or have our associates send you marketing material. We must give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving such marketing material. Where you indicate your consent, Pole Diva’s may enter your details into a database for the purpose of contacting you directly about Pole Diva’s, its brands, special offers, samples, consumer research and other promotions.
||Competitions and Trade Promotions
One method by which we collect your personal information is via competitions or other trade promotions.
For the purposes of competitions and trade promotions, the following special conditions apply to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information:
- All entries become the property of Pole Diva’s (and any third parties conducting joint promotions with Pole Diva’s).
- Winners’ details and a description of the prizes will be entered on a database to comply with record-keeping requirements of relevant Australian State and Territory trade promotion legislation. Your personal information may also be published in a newspaper or other media in accordance with the terms and conditions of each promotion.
- Pole Diva’s uses a secure server when you place orders to protect customer information. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the sensitive customer data we collect is protected by several layers of encryption and several layers of security to prevent unauthorised access.
- All credit card payments are processed securely through the DirectOne’s 128 bit SSL Encryption software and ANZ to ensure that your personal details are kept safe. No credit card information is stored on our servers.
||Openness, Access and Correction
You can request information in general from Pole Diva’s about the sort of personal information we hold on you, for what purposes we hold it and how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information, by sending us a written request addressed to the Privacy Officer.
You can advise us if you would prefer not to be directly contacted by us by sending us a written request addressed to the Privacy Officer.
You can access personal information Pole Diva’s holds on you by sending a written request addressed to the Privacy Officer. If the information held is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request Pole Diva’s to correct the information. We may refuse to grant you access to the information if the Act permits or requires such refusal.
To make a written request to the Privacy Officer as detailed above or if you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy, please contact the Pole Diva’s Privacy Officer at:
Studio 3, 22 Cecil Place
Prahran VIC 3181
Facsimile: (03) 9529 4022
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, customers may transact business with Pole Diva’s without providing personal information.
||Transborder Data Flows
Pole Diva’s will only transfer personal data overseas in circumstances where it is permitted by the Act.
Further information on privacy is available at the website of the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner http://privacy.gov.au/.